The longer I travel the journey of life, the more I notice that things do not stay the same. But right now I am finding that the rate of change is increasing; there are more and more things about which I do not feel the same as I did, say, two, three or five years ago.
Some are significant because they are huge shifts in my thinking or my outlook; some are significant because they occupy a small but regular part in my daily life.
Things I have noticed which are changing include:
1. I cannot write with music on in the background.
2. I cannot get the hang of A Game of Thrones.
3. I find a great deal of inspiration in the Divine Feminine¹.
4. I am becoming a vegan.
5. I am becoming more and more fascinated by the historical Jesus.
6. I am losing my taste for coffee.
7. I sometimes find it difficult to hold onto my concept of the God of the Christian faith².
8. I find it hard to listen to loud music for more than a few minutes at a time.
9. I get excited by the Spring leaves on trees.
10. I feel that I own far more things than I need.
¹ Brigid and the Old Testament figure of Wisdom are currently very important to me.
² I don't know why this is happening. It worries me.
I think that ten items will do for now, though there are more!