Tuesday 27 June 2017

Somewhere else

Skillet pushes open the door to the cafe. There is a clatter of conversation and tea-cups. He sees his friend sitting at a table at the back of the shop and walks over to join him. Skillet speaks:

Hello, my old friend!

Hello, indeed! It's wonderful to see you! 

I wasn't sure if it was you at first.

Ah, yes, sorry about that. It's the pointy hat that does it.

But you don't wear a pointy hat.

Exactly.

Have you eaten?

Not yet - I was waiting for you. The coffee cake looks good, though...

OK, but first, can I ask you a question?

Of course - anything.

What did you find out?

Ah - straight to the point, eh? Well, there is something...

Yes?

It's not what I was expecting.

But there is some news?

Yes, and it's very intriguing.

So..?

You're to go on a journey.

A journey? Where to?

Ah - that's the intriguing bit...

In what sense?

Well, this journey won't take you where you want to go. If you get my meaning.

So.. where will it take me?

Somewhere else.



No comments:

Post a Comment