Wednesday 18 April 2012

Planting the first seed

It's been a long while since I wrote a blog, and a lot's happened since then. For example, I practice yoga now. Every day. In fact, that's probably the biggest thing that's happened to me in the last year.

And so, I feel that it's time to start writing again. Because it's not just straightforwardly practising yoga, as though I was just trying to get into shape (and at my age, that's an issue!). No, it's just as much about continuing to find out who I am and how I can relate to the world with integrity as my experience of life changes. And yoga is helping.

I'm no expert. I fall over in simple poses. I often find that I'm as inflexible today as I was yesterday. I find that a 20 minute practice sometimes feels like an hour and three quarters.

But I'm here, and I'm in for the long haul. I now find that I can't do without yoga. And I never thought I'd find myself typing that sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment